Moodle 512

Monday, October 10, 2016

Journal 2 Chapters 4-5

Journal# 2 Digg and Affinity Groups

This Week I signed up for a affinity group that is located on twitter.


This affinity group is solely based on technology/ new technology that is currently being released or developed. It is fairly interesting because it allows you to look at videos, and even Q & A sessions that the group might be part of.  When I went to my Digg account I searched for a few things on World History (since I have a Single Subject Teaching Credential in Social Science) and a ton of great things popped up. One of the most interesting things I found right off the bat inked me to a Tumblr. Post on different maps that showcased how Europe viewed Africa between the 1700-1800’s


Although this is what I have found as the most interesting, there was still tons of material that caught my eye. Also I enjoyed how you can almost search for anything, and within specific topics as well. I believe that you can use this as school assignments as students for school projects as well. I do believe that Digg can be used as a very functional and effective website for both starting/ veteran teachers!

Q 1: Do affinity groups only exist on academic sites?
A1: NO, affinity groups can actually be found in many social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook.

Q2:  Can Digg be used to look up multiple different topics?


A2: Yes, Digg can be used to look up many different topics that might span from education to non education materials! All you have to do is type in a topic in the search bar.


No comments:

Post a Comment